25 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFishers, IN

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:04 AM

Development has been completed on the SigmaChat Who's Chatting (Who's Online Module) addon for SigmaChat v7.4 Beta. This update will not go online until the final release is made.

The following enhancements have been made over the current feature set:

1. Option to show subrooms next to usernames in Who's Chatting output
2. Option to show users with administrative privileges in bold type font
3. Standard output font of module is now Verdana for a cleaner look
4. Option to specify subroom color if used
5. Option to list users in a single (wrappable) line separated by comma instead of a vertical list.
6. Special plain text, tab delimited, output for developers wishing to incorporate this feature into their software/web site. Plain text output will indicate username, hidden-status, remote-id (i.e., the user id of a forum username or similar, for enhanced integration -- details on this will be posted shortly), and administrative privileges level.
7. The new module will now place far less of a load on our servers (a previous concern) due to fewer database calls and updates.

RaiderSoft is in the process of designing a support center for advanced integration of our product and web sites / software packages which will include additional details regarding new features in this module.
Chris Duerr
AddonInteractive Developer
support@addoninteractive.com

#2 ShadyNight

ShadyNight

Spam killer

• Moderators
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:32 AM

Sounds great Chris! Can't WAIT to try it. *giggles*

#3 ericv8

ericv8

Contributing New User

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:19 AM

1. Option to show subrooms next to usernames in Who's Chatting output

Very nice!!

#4 Techguy

Techguy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:30 AM

This is extremely nice, Chris.
Administrator @ HFT Online Tech Support

#5 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2606 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:33 PM

Speechless. :)

BUT I LOVE IT :D

#6 digital monkey

digital monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:04 PM

7. The new module will now place far less of a load on our servers (a previous concern) due to fewer database calls and updates.

Does this mean we will able to have a lower update time, for example my current one only updates every 10 minutes.

If we could get that down to 2 or 5 minutes that would be outstanding.

Thanks for developing such a fine product.

EDIT: I think i just found the answer http://support.raide...read.php?t=1293

YEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss wooo hooooo !!!!

#7 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFishers, IN

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

Does this mean we will able to have a lower update time, for example my current one only updates every 10 minutes.

If we could get that down to 2 or 5 minutes that would be outstanding.

Thanks for developing such a fine product.

Yes :) I think 1 and 2 minute update times will definitely be more than reasonable. It is important for me to note though that every time a call is made to our servers, it can cause the page being loaded to take slightly longer to load (unless you're using an inline frame or similar..) I would recommend between 2 and 4 minute updates on most systems.

As a side note, that next version of the vBulletin integration script will also contain a much nicer Who's Chatting feature that will be shown at the bottom of the main forum page.
Chris Duerr

#8 ShadyNight

ShadyNight

Spam killer

• Moderators
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:01 PM

*snip*
As a side note, that next version of the vBulletin integration script will also contain a much nicer Who's Chatting feature that will be shown at the bottom of the main forum page.

oh oh oh oh oh oh OH OH OH *faints*

hehe sounds AWESOME Chris!!

err what will that do to the hits? (will it out use the free ones?)

#9 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFishers, IN

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:13 PM

It will be, umm, a lot better than before :) A lot better ;)

oh oh oh oh oh oh OH OH OH *faints*

hehe sounds AWESOME Chris!!

err what will that do to the hits? (will it out use the free ones?)

Chris Duerr

#10 ShadyNight

ShadyNight

Spam killer

• Moderators
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

*blush* How'd I miss this post?? (I'm here almost more than my own site!! LOL )

Oh now STOP teasing me!! *pout* my poor heart may not handle it!! ;)

Seriously though ... I can NOT wait! Small pondering, will the intergration be in the who's online and/or it's own via a link/template addition (putting a new spot near the who's online for the board) ??

I need hints man! *grabs Chris but the shirt* GIVE ME HINTS!

*gets hauled away by the funny farm* I'm sooooooory!! I just get excited is all!

this is what happens on too little sleep and no coffee! *blush* sorry, over silly and excited!! Your product is just too damned good to wiat for!! :D ;)

#11 tarektarek

tarektarek

Contributing New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:41 PM

Nightshade.. get some sleep :D .. and watch some less TV :P ur acting like :eek:

#12 ShadyNight

ShadyNight

Spam killer

• Moderators
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

Sleep??? But, but ... I have KIDS!!!

as for TV ... err *blush* Okay I do watch my one soap and err comedies .. but I don't think that's the problem???

I blame my kids yep yep! :D

#13 tarektarek

tarektarek

Contributing New User

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

yeah blame the kids :P .. no seriously.. sleep.. u need it.. then come back to the computer screen..

hey why is this on sigmachat forum!!!! :D :confused:

#14 kcrawford

kcrawford

Elite Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:24 PM

Sleep is good......... sleep when you have kids? *falls over laughing* Yeah like that can happen. :)

#15 ShadyNight

ShadyNight

Spam killer

• Moderators
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:29 PM

I'll try tonight, how's that?? ;)

err if I don't find a new hack to add *blush*

#16 Guest_JoeC_*

Guest_JoeC_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:10 AM

Hi

Forgive me for asking stuff that may have been covered elsewhere, but I have just found the useful "online" tool - wicked!

I have embedded it into my home page; BUT guess that will eat into my 100 hits really quick (I think it is an incentive for people to go into Chat if they see someone they want to talk too already online).

My question is - how much is additional "hits" and how often would they need to be purchased (unless I've totally misunderstood the pricing structure?)

Also, if I moved to a Professional account, could I integrate with my PHP bulletin board users? (I've asked a similar question with the Platinum package, but since then have found what looks to be a straightforward script to add).

Thanks for any help/advice.

Joe

#17 Lionheart

Lionheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

Will basic account users bealbe to purchase whos chatting hits ?

#18 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFishers, IN

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:04 PM

First, let me announce that the Who's Chatting system will be completely revamped in the next release, including pricing -- pricing will now be included with the purchase of a Professional, Platinum, or Enterprise service upgrade, and there will be no more 'hits'

As for phpBB integration, we're working on upgrades to that script. For now, all I can offer are the scripts available in the control panel or submitted in the support forums. I don't believe the Who's Chatting system has been integrated with phpBB yet :(
Chris Duerr

#19 Lionheart

Lionheart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

Awwwwww, :( I could handel a few thousand hits permonth but I can't handel anymore $100.00 + bills. Alas...

#20 Chris

Chris

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFishers, IN

Posted 29 September 2004 - 09:12 PM

I'm not sure if you understood me on this one -- If you upgrade to a Professional, Platinum, or Enterprise service package, the Who's Chatting system (unlimited usage) will be included for free. It would be a lot cheaper to purchase an account upgrade, then it would be to purchase hits at their current pricing :)
Chris Duerr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Full version of g-forceMechwarrior 1 free full version dowloadFull version of volo view rAtlantis quest solitaire full versionLife quest full versionFull version life simulation gamesDownload the full version of gazillionairStick around full versionFull version westward freeShareware gopal full version ae 3.0